SHADO
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

News:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Add Poll Send Topic
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Fallen Heroes FDK (Read 26436 times)
Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Re: Fallen Heroes FDK
Reply #45 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 12:19am
Print Post  
I think I used that line in Silver Star but it might have been in Best Friends. I portrayed Craig as someone who grew on Ginny over time. Wink

I just looked, it was in Best Friends when Craig is asking Ed about Ginny. I do mention something along the same lines in Silver Star in the prologue.

I called him a rough and ready grunt, who possesed a very keen mind. Cheesy

What do you mean, we're out of coffee!
IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #46 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 12:21am
Print Post  
You may be surprised how I portray their relationship.  Stay tuned for Chapter 6!  Wink

The sky is not the limit; nor are the stars.
IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #47 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 12:23am
Print Post  
Looking forward to it. BTW once my review is done, edits and all, I'll email you the document. Smiley

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #48 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 1:54am
Print Post  
Thanks!  Smiley

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #49 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
Well then! I was wondering when he was going to get down to business! Kiss Very nicely done! Wink

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #50 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
Well, he seems to be the king of poor timing, so it fit to have them interrupted.  Cheesy 

Don't worry.  The story's not over yet.  Wink

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #51 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
Oh I'm sure there is much more to tell. I liked your spin on Craig and Ginny's relationship by the way. Having them bond on an intelletual plane works quite well. You'll see were I'm going when I write up chapter six. Wink

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #52 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
Chapter 6:
By this point in the story, you can tell things are reaching the boiling point. I liked the way you bring Virginia’s thoughts about Ed out as she comes into the room. She is content to be in his presence, even though he is working. And as she is thinking about Margaret, she feels his nearness. Heightened awareness by anticipation maybe?

Ed’s concern is really plucking at her heartstrings, and we find out that she has been contemplating the afterlife. (A side note, here, my mother saw my Great Grandmother several times after she had passed on. And I saw my father once, during a very troubling point in my life.) I can very well understand how Ginny must have been feeling to realize that there may have been some substance to the “visitations.” You captured the emotion very well. And for her to let herself cry in his arms, sends a message that she trusts him implicitly. Ed returns that trust by his admission that the mission has not been easy for him either. Trust is one of the most important aspects in any relationship.

They break the tension by lapsing into shop talk, something familiar to both of them. Ed, with a photographic memory, I believe that! I loved the bit about Ginny trying to distract herself while Ed was ordering dinner, concentrating on something that wouldn’t get her into trouble. Once he got off the phone and watched her work, she catches him with her glance; they don’t take their eyes off each other. The buildup here was great, and then it subsides somewhat as Ed finds out the true nature of Ginny’s relationship with Craig. That is a very interesting take, and I think it fits quite well with what was shown in the episode. Ginny’s declaration, “we weren’t exactly Romeo and Juliet,” makes much more sense now. The way you brought them to the point of passion was pure genius. Ed finally lets down his walls and gives her a hint about his thoughts about his marriage, and then the floodgates open and his heart just takes over. Wow!

Boom, “Room service.” Poor Ed, poor Ginny. Yes the passion of the moment is lost, for now. Humor is the enemy of desire, “Shall we?” Great job of stretching the tension here.

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #53 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
It pays to read lots of romances if you ever plan to write one yourself.  Tension-building is half the story (when it's done well.)  I'm glad you enjoyed it.  More sizzle to come!!!  Kiss

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #54 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
Let me ask, are you enjoying writing this side of her? Trust me, it can be just as addictive as writing her jealous. Cheesy

In Heartbreak on the Moskva she was fighting waves of it when she confronted Ed about re-marrying Mary. You were right, it was fun to put her there, and even more fun to make her behave. Grin

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #55 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
It has really surprised me to write about her in this story.  She's very similar to the way I wrote her in the Conover Saga, but the surprise has been the way she plays off Straker in an informal setting.  I really expected these two uptight serious people to encourage each other to be even more so.  But instead, they seem to resonate so well together that they actually relax!  And Straker seems to delight in ruffling her feathers, a playful attitude I didn't expect from him.  As a woman who gets irritated when my feathers are ruffled, I can truly sympathize with her.  I still can't say whether she'll end up hauling off and hitting him.  But it's not a given that she won't.  Wink

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #56 - Mar 29th, 2011 at 1:50am
Print Post  
Yeah, she'll hit him only so she can make up later! Kiss They do resonate well together. That's a good analogue. Wink

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #57 - Mar 29th, 2011 at 3:23am
Print Post  
Yeah Ginny! You go girl! Kiss Isn't she the feisty one! Cheesy

IP Logged

Neesierie
Colonel

Straker, somehow it's
always about you.

Reply #58 - Mar 29th, 2011 at 3:31am
Print Post  
Well, it's what I would do in her shoes.  Straker's so maddening that you'd have to either kill him or kiss him.  Kiss

IP Logged

Matt
Colonel

Everyone at SHADO drinks
coffee!

Reply #59 - Mar 29th, 2011 at 3:33am
Print Post  
Yep, I can see that, once she knew the truth, it's no holds barred. Do you think Ed can handle her? Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Add Poll Send Topic
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ LinkedIn reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo